- This event has passed.
Introduction to Developing Your International Tourism Markets
February 27, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Scottish Development International in partnership with Visit Scotland and the East Scotland Tourism Partnership are hosting an introductory workshop designed specifically for tourism businesses in the Dundee, Angus, Fife and Perthshire areas. This fully funded two day workshop is aimed at businesses which are at the very early stages of developing or growing their international tourism markets.
When: Tuesday 27th February 2018 and Thursday 8th March 2018
Where: Scottish Enterprise Offices, Enterprise House, 3 Greenmarket, Dundee DD1 4QB
Times: 9am for 9.30am start, finishing at 4 pm – companies are expected to attend both days
Cost: Fully Funded
At the workshop you’ll get a chance to explore the key areas that you’ll need to consider when developing your international tourism markets, including:
• Market analysis & making the most of V&A Dundee – how can your business benefit?
Opening in September 2018, V&A Dundee will be the only V&A museum anywhere in the world outside London. The first ever dedicated design museum in Scotland, it is forecast to attract 350,000 visitors every year. Hear about V&A Dundee’s imaginative programme of exhibitions and events, the new visitors who are likely to attend, and explore ideas to help you capitalise on this amazing opportunity.
- Choosing your most effective route to market
- Working effectively with the travel trade
- International marketing and social media
- You will also develop your own international action plan that will help guide your business after the workshop.
The workshop will be held over two days. Companies are expected to attend both days.
Tuesday 27th February 2018
• Market Analysis – planning for international tourism markets; understanding our international visitors; effective market research; market selection and prioritisation – with particular focus on market analysis & making the most of V&A Dundee.
• Routes to market – choosing your most effective route to market, the role of collaboration,
exhibitions and working with the travel trade.
Thursday 8th March 2018
• International inbound marketing – the importance of inbound marketing, using the internet and
social media effectively to reach your international visitors
• Overview of support available – including Scottish Development International and DTI, VisitScotland and VisitBritain.
Here’s how previous attendees have benefitted:
“The workshop was both helpful and motivating. It gave me the confidence to put our plans into action. We had great speakers and it was extremely interactive. I would definitely recommend this programme.”
Scottish Enterprise’s Introduction to Developing Your International Tourism Markets (Preparing to Export Programme) is free to Scottish companies and is part funded through European Structural and Investment Funds (Investing in a Smart, Sustainable and Inclusive Future). You should note that this support is a form of state aid, and on attendance it will count towards your overall De Minimis allowance.