EcoTechnic is a business network to support business to business collaboration, promote local goods and services and facilitate access to information, advice and best practice in the renewables and green technology sector/industry. The network also provides support for sector demonstration projects.
The network is supported by the following key stakeholders: Perth College UHI, Perth & Kinross Council, Energy Skills Partnership, Scottish Enterprise, Stagecoach, Binn Eco Park and the Perthshire Chamber of Commerce.
Our main goal is to accelerate the growth of this key sector and help realise the benefits to the local economy, environment and society that green technology can bring.
Do you want to be part of the network?
- Are you a company based in or with strong interests in Perth and Kinross?
- Do you provide an essential support service for green technology?
- Are you specialists in sustainability and energy efficiency practices?
- Are you a business offering green technology products/services?
If you answer yes to any of these questions then we want to hear from you, to become part of our network. The network is driven by industry and takes forward ideas for events, demonstrators or any other activity that helps promote green technology.
Key activities and current projects:
- Expanding the Biomass supply chain
- Encouraging energy efficiency improvements for buildings
- Promoting the Waste (Scotland) Regulations
- Promoting the training and skills available in Perth and Kinross
- Promoting examples of Perth and Kinross best practice through case studies
- Renewable and clean technology in the Food and Drink sector
- Tay Eco Valley
- Attracting investment in green technology innovation
- Consulting on the hydrogen economy, greener transport and other emerging clean technologies with strong potential
- Historic Hydropower in Eastern Scotland project
If you have a particular interest in any of these areas or would like to raise a new idea we could pursue, EcoTechnic can help you.
How do you get involved?
Contact the EcoTechnic team and we will send you regular updates – details on this page.