Perth offers an ideal location for businesses operating in the renewable and clean technology sectors or those we are looking to adopt green technology processes. The home to the global HQ of SSE and boasts a mix of renewable energy resources, technologies, eco-innovation and expertise which can all be harnessed to achieve sustainable economic growth and will move your business towards achieving the Waste (Scotland) Regulations.
The benefits your businesses would gain from being based in Perth are:
- UK’s top area for micro-generation (the generation of electricity or heat on a small scale) installed capacity linking to high quality products and services.
- Supply chain extending across all renewable technologies through the TayEco Valley.
- High resource availability for hydro and biomass energy/fuel production.
- Expertise, innovation and skills in upstream, professional and installation services.
- Focused on sustainable and resilient communities and businesses.
- A well connected (superfast broadband) and accessible area.
- The option to join the
The area has a supply chain extending across all renewable technologies, but is particularly strong in biomass and building energy efficiency, as well as solar PV, on-shore wind and micro hydro.
There is a broad capability across the supply chain, with particular strength in upstream, professional services and biomass fuel supply, and significant installation and maintenance skills.
Perth College UHI is the largest training provider in Perth and Kinross and offers bespoke and certified training across a wide range of disciplines linked to renewables and clean technologies.
The University of Dundee, University of Abertay Dundee and University of St Andrews, all within a 45-minute radius of the City of Perth, each provide a broad range of relevant training, expertise and skills.