Perth & Kinross Council provides dedicated assistance to encourage the re-use of vacant residential and commercial property to provide homes or business premises. We work closely with both current owners of vacant property and potential investors who wish to purchase property with a view to converting or redeveloping.
The Vacant Property Development Team can offer comprehensive tailored support with the following services
- Information on financial assistance available
- Vacant Property Feasibility Funding – up to £5000 towards professional fees
- Perth City Heritage Fund – Grants for repairs of buildings within Perth Conservation areas
- Empty Homes Initiative – Grants up to £7.5K per bedroom linked to affordable housing
- Empty Property Loan Fund – Interest free loan linked to the provision of affordable housing
- Rural Housing Fund – Grants and loans for provision of new build and conversion to provide affordable housing in rural area www.gov.scot/topics/builtenvironment/housing/investment/grants/rural-housing-fund
- Vacant Property Matchmaker Scheme – owners or potential purchaser of empty properties can sign up to this free scheme www.pkc.gov.uk/matchmaker
- Provision of advice and confirmation letters which enable contractors to charge reduced rate of VAT on properties that have been empty for over 2 years.
- Guidance on maximising the property’s potential
- Advice on selling or renting properties
- Guidance on repairs including information on nationally and locally agreed Service and Product discounts available for empty property owners
- Information and advice on Non-Domestic Rates and Council Tax on empty properties
- Signposting to other Council assistance and information