Whilst Perth and the wider region score highly for strategic location and competitive land and commercial rates, there is always more to consider than straightforward facts and figures when it comes to choosing the best location in Scotland for growing your business.
A good quality of life is essential for ensuring a happy and motivated workforce, and Perth regularly scores highly on indices reflecting exactly this. Ranked one of the most beautiful areas of Scotland, Perth’s vibrant cultural landscape and scenic surroundings are just two of the reasons that 85% of those working in the city region also choose to live here – competitive house prices are also high on the list!
With a rich heritage, thriving arts and cultural scene, and an evening economy that boasts some of the best restaurants in Scotland, living in the area offers much for the professional family.
Coupled with the stunning vistas of Highland Perthshire, Strathearn and beautiful Blairgowrie being only 30 – 40 minutes drive from the city, it’s easy to see why Perth and the wider region is considered to be ‘the place to be’ for the best of both worlds.
If you’re thinking of moving your business, relocating for work, or simply considering Perth and the wider region as a place to live, then we recommend you explore some of these great links for further information.
- Schools: Schools comprise 35 nurseries, 63 primary schools and 9 secondary schools and are made up of a combination of state run and independent. See the care inspectorate for full reports, and Perth and Kinross Council for details on catchment and enrolment
- Residential Property: Perth and the wider region offers an abundance of property choice for even the most particular home hunter), and with average prices at £190K, you will find unbeatable value for money. There is also a specific drive from the local authority to build quality affordable homes for the workforce.
- Sport & Wellbeing: Perth and the wider region is served by Live Active Leisure, an award-winning sports & fitness trust with 15 venues – including 5 pools – and a remit for overseeing Active Schools and wellbeing in the community. There is also a range of excellent gyms, personal trainers and private classes around the region.
- Arts & Culture: With Perth Concert Hall and Perth Theatre, and the award-winning Pitlochry Festival Theatre at its heart, Perth and the wider region is famed for its thriving arts and culture scene. This is supported by wonderful museums, libraries and galleries.
- Shopping and Eating Out: From High Street brand names, to wonderful independents, favourite restaurant and cafe chains to award-winning chefs and Scotland’s only 2-Michelin star restaurant, Perth has any number of amazing ways to spend your leisure time and money! Start with a browse through the best Indies in town.
- The Great Outdoors: An outdoor playground unlike any other, Perth and the wider region has endless opportunities for walking, rafting, cycling and Munro-bagging to name but a few of the activities that are spread across the area. Search the Visit Scotland site as a great starting point.