- This event has passed.
The Perth Idea Exchange: Smart Economy Hack
September 28, 2017 @ 9:00 am - September 29, 2017 @ 3:00 pmFree
Over the course of two days, participants from all backgrounds, including businesses, developers, innovators, academics and council representatives will identify the economic challenges and opportunities facing the city and surrounding region, generate and develop ideas, and prototype data-driven solutions.
The event will follow the successful model created by Code The City and used in previous events:
- Define “Smart Economy” theme, break it down into relevant sub-groups
- Identification of sectoral needs of participants
Identify potential opportunities or challenges in the delivery, operation or access to services in “Smart Economy”
- Breaking into groups, ideation sessions, to address these identified challenges in order to generate the best ideas possible
- Form teams and work through each idea: developing these to envision what future states might be.
- Identification of existing open data sets (or creation/sourcing of new open data) which can be used to create new applications/services/products.
- Iterative development of prototype solutions or models.
- A final group session – including opportunity to present to panel of “business angels”
KEY SPEAKERS: Interactive hackathon facilitated by Code the City
Small businesses (especially in the creative and digital sectors), including potential users of the Ideas Centre, and later Creative Exchange
Developers, designers, UX experts, data wranglers, coders, service designers
Third sector representatives
Students/Staff from Perth College UHI, other educational institutions
Staff from Council and Community partners