- This event has passed.
Invest in Perth – Investing in Quality to Improve Visitor Experience
November 8, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
We would like to invite you along to the latest Invest in Perth event, to hear how we can collectively improve the overall quality of the visitor experience in Perth and Perthshire.
With an inspiring range of public and industry speakers this free event aims to promote investment in providing a quality experience for visitors (leisure and business tourism) and learn how the private sector could improve provision at the back of public investment. The event will also look at what outside investors are looking for.
Aims & Objectives
- provide an overview of public and private investment in supporting economic growth such as infrastructure.
- provide an overview of hotel investment in Scotland and Perthshire.
- provide an overview of the accommodation sector occupancy in Scotland and Perthshire.
- highlight support available from Perth & Kinross Council and partners for accommodation sector to develop standards to the highest level possible with the aim of having a competitive advantage in attracting visitors.
- highlight participation in the Scotland Accommodation Occupancy Survey.
- highlight importance of improving the visitor experience through working with an online travel agent.
This tourism business briefing is designed for those working in the tourism industry, however is of particular relevance to those in the accommodation sector (whether serviced or non-serviced) to find out about new developments and investments in Perthshire.
Perth & Kinross Council in partnership with VisitScotland, GVA and Expedia
09.00 – 09.25: Registration & Breakfast.
09.25 – 09.30: Welcome and introduction – Councillor Roz McCall, Business Ambassador, Perth & Kinross Council.
09:30 – 09:45: Public and Private Sector Investment to Support Economic Growth – Karen Reid, Chief Executive, Perth & Kinross Council.
09:45 – 10:15: Facts, Figures, the Future – Chris Greenwood, Senior Insights Manager, Visit Scotland.
10:15 – 10:45: Hotel Investment in Scotland – Andrew Renouf, Director, GVA
10:45 – 11:00: Tea and Coffee
11.00 – 11.30: Hotel Investment in Perthshire- John Shevlin, General Manager, Dunkeld House Hotel and Kevin Keenan, General Manager, Murrayshall House Hotel.
11.30 – 12.00: Expedia – Sydnen Grieve, Market Manager, Expedia Group
12:00: Close of Event
Book in to a 1:1 surgery with Expedia to discuss how your business is
performing overall online (15 mins each)
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com