Perth Eco-Innovation Park covers 25ha of land within the Perth West development aimed at stimulating growth in advanced next generation logistics, last mile distribution and research and development.
Based on green design and low energy construction, the site will benefit from an integrated environment that includes space for renewable energy, urban mobility solutions, active travel and blue-green infrastructure.
The Park Could Include:
- Advanced low carbon design buildings including Smart warehouses, labs and office blocks
- Office based quarter supporting technology focused firms, construction HQs, and high end engineering and technology including AI and robotics
- Living Lab for Research and Development businesses and building on existing partnerships with universities and Scotland’s innovation centres.
- National Green Transport Hub to promote decarbonisation of HGVs and coaches including multi-fuel refuelling, rest stops and a last mile transfer of goods point
- Warehouses and manufacturing aimed at high end engineering solutions in the national focus towards Net Zero.
The Tenant Mix
By creating a national hub of excellence there is a real opportunity to develop a collective vision for future growth amongst all who work and invest here.
Offering a new and dynamic way of working for businesses of all sizes, the Eco-Innovation Park will provide everything from flexible working environments for innovative small start-ups to innovative manufacturing space for large companies and dynamic lab-based areas for research & development.
Working side-by-side with like-minded companies will engender opportunities for cross-selling, joint working and ideas generation. In addition, companies will be well-positioned to minimise their collective environmental impact work together on energy consumption, waste solutions and the active travel promotion.
The Investment Proposition
Opportunities are now open to invest in the Eco-Innovation Park.
Perth West will provide a wealth of opportunities over the next five to ten years for investors, those seeking business growth, and start-ups within the eco-innovation and advanced construction sector.
Initial opportunities lie within the development of the Eco-Innovation Park covering a fully serviced area of 25ha, split across various sized plots.
Financial investors in the early stages have a unique opportunity to influence planning and development in the initial phases, with a fully supported strategy in place to secure long term return through a proactive approach.
- Phase 1 – Financial investment in the PKC development of 11ha. Projected completion date of March 2026. Entry for tenants from Dec 2026.
- Phase 2 & 3 – 15ha of fully serviced land with a projected completion date of March 2030 with an option to propel this for the right investors.
- Specific Opportunities – Commercial Portfolio Building, Green National Transport Hub Partners.
Perth Eco-Innovation Park aims to become a world-class destination for companies and investors focused on Net Zero and inclusive, equitable growth. The 25ha site will provide a flexible, environmentally sustainable business community with a shared vision for the future and a long-term commitment from the local authority to support and nurture ongoing investment in the environment, its businesses and its people.
Intrinsically linked to the wider Perth West development, the Eco-Innovation Park will benefit from Community Hubs, the Perth Innovation Highway and the DR.ECO solar site.
- Prime accessibility and access to skilled workforce
- Active Travel and net zero public transport connecting to railway station and city centre
- Be part of a community of like-minded businesses with core sustainability values
- High capacity and net zero utilities
- Efficient planning and authorisation processes
- Ability to shape site at an early stage
Why Perth, Why Now?
Perth’s population growth projections show a 27% increase over 20 years with residents enjoying an exceptional quality of life, including easy access to the great outdoors and a vibrant cultural scene. In addition to this, the £26M city hall transformation project, which will see the Stone of Destiny returned to Perth, is expected to boost tourism for years to come.
Perth offers unrivalled links across the UK and internationally by road, air, rail and sea and it is widely acknowledged that the area is a strategic hub in the Scottish transport network. Principal road routes connecting the central belt to north and north-east Scotland converge here making it the obvious choice for a national green transport hub and centre of excellence for innovation, distribution, and future technologies.
By connecting this vision for industry to an exceptional 20-minute neighbourhood Perth is aims to address the changing needs of society and provide a real opportunity to affect positive change to the way in which we do business and enjoy life.
Speak to the Team.
Serge Merone | SMerone@pkc.gov.uk
Climate Change & Smart Investment Manager
Graham Pinfield | GPinfield@pkc.gov.uk