Are you passionate about tourism and events in Perthshire?
Join the Perthshire Tourism Leadership Group (PTLG) and help to shape the future of tourism in Perthshire.
PTLG Members will be responsible for reviewing the Perthshire Tourism Action plan by offering insights, suggestions, and ideas to help drive forward tourism in Perthshire. Your insight is critical in shaping our future focus of tourism across the region.
The group will comprise of up to 10 members. It’s intended that the group will convene in-person three to four times a year.
Why join the Perthshire Tourism Leadership Group?
- To influence change
- To make new industry connections
- To exchange insights and gain knowledge from others
- To shape the future of tourism in Perthshire
- To encourage businesses to get involved and innovate in ways that support the strategy and plan
- Undertake interim review (virtual) of the tourism action plan activity [approx. 20 hours]
- Meet in-person, quarterly, for half a day for updates and reporting (approx. 16 hours)
- Attend annual in-person strategy review and reporting (approx. 6 hours)
- Provide a wider lens on tourism and consumer trends
- Travel expenses provided
Who can get involved?
- Applications are welcome from people who have experience of the tourism and events sector. We are looking for a broad range of people bringing different skills and experience to the group.
- We’re looking for dynamic individuals who are committed to shaping the future of tourism across Perthshire.
How does it work?
Getting involved with the Perthshire Industry Leadership Group couldn’t be easier
1.Email Suzanne Cumiskey noting your interest in joining the PTLG
2.You’ll receive an invite to attend a workshop, bringing together everyone who’s expressed an interest to join
3.The workshop will be held on 3 October 2023 in the Queen Mother room at the Black Watch Castle and Museum. This will be a half day event.
4.Before the workshop you’ll receive the draft updated version of the Perthshire Tourism Action plan for comment and further input.
5.Attend the workshop to offer input and find out what’s expected of members of the PTLG
Note your interest
To express your interest please contact Suzanne Cumiskey, Project Officer, Perth & Kinross Council at firstname.lastname@example.org.